A flat-rate tuition payment is due the last lesson of each month (see rates below) in advance for the next month. Payment secures a weekly reserved lesson slot. Payment is not a per-lesson fee. No credits, discounts, or refunds will be accepted. If your bank offers automatic check mailing services (online bill payment) it is recommended you schedule payment mailing for the 25th of each month.
- 30-minutes: $150 paid monthly
- 45-minutes: $215 paid monthly
- 60-minutes: $300 paid monthly
PAY AS YOU GO RATES
Students who are unable to pay monthly or schedule a recurring weekly time slot may participate in pay as you go. It is the responsibility of the student to schedule lessons with the teacher on a weekly basis. This form of scheduling does not guarantee a weekly lesson slot.
- 30 minutes: 35 dollars per lesson
- 45 minutes: 50 dollars per lesson
- 60 minutes: 70 dollars per lesson
Payments received on or after the 1st calendar day of the month are considered late.
If no payment is received by the 7th calendar day of the month, the slot will be made available to waiting or new students. Consistent late payment or unpaid late fees may result in termination of services.
An excused absence includes the following criteria:
- Call or email 24 hours before the lesson except in cases of Illness/flu and family emergencies.
- Lessons may be rescheduled by appointment (see Makeup Lessons below).
- A non emergency absence without sufficient notice may not be rescheduled.
- Hand/arm injuries (all ages) – Lessons will consist of valuable and relevant music theory and harmony until the student is physically capable of playing the guitar. Please do not request payment credits, refunds, or a hold on your lesson time due to injuries.
- It is assumed that a student absent for 2 consecutive lessons without email/phone communication has discontinued lessons and the slot will be made available to waiting or new students.
No credits will be given to students for missed lessons, excused or unexcused. The only exceptions are: referral credits (student refers teacher to a friend and receives a free lesson) and in cases of teacher error (for example, teacher double booking a student or forgetting a lesson).
Student absences may be made up by appointment. A substitute teach may be assigned
during my absence. If a substitute is not available, the lesson will be rescheduled.
There will be no exceptions made to the makeup lesson policy for any reason.
CALENDAR and SCHEDULE
The studio is closed and there are no lessons or makeups for:
December 23-26 December 31, January 1, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Mother’s Day.
A makeup lesson or class will be scheduled for Halloween.
We do not follow the school calendar for days off (Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Presidents Day, etc.). If school is cancelled or delayed due to inclement weather, call DoRayMi Lessons to verify an in studio lesson or Skype lesson at your regularly scheduled lesson time.
Students must create a Skype account in preparation for inclement weather or lack of transportation.
Inclement weather absences are not considered excused. Missed Skype lessons due to power outages may be rescheduled.